I/S Team Supervisor- IS Command Center Ops- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496465
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Leadership
Provides department level leadership, direction, and guidance to a specific I/S team in support of Information Services requirements. Contributes to the efficient and effective achievement of business objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads planning, organizing, and staffing efforts for assigned team. Assigns and checks work, conducts on-the-job training, and completes performance and compensation processes as appropriate.
- Strives to meet service expectations through effective communication, listening, and problem solving techniques. Resolves issues with systems and/or processes while anticipating customer needs and/or system problems and proactively providing recommendations.
- Monitors, controls, coordinates and schedules production activities to ensure minimal impact to customers. Interacts with customers and support teams to identify root causes of problems and assists with the resolution.
- Recognizes problems situations, assesses impact, invokes recovery procedures, initiates corrective action as required and takes proactive measures to ensure future success.
- Leads and/or assists in the development, enhancement and/or maintenance of system support processes, and analyzes related costing to ensure requirements are met.
- Leads and participates in the decision making process regarding changes or enhancements. Actively fosters growth of employees in the development of technical, business, and relationship management skills.
- Uses appropriate technologies to solve business and technical problems as well as take proactive approach in providing recommendations, which meet business requirements and adhere to the I/S architecture and technical standards.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 4-6 years of I/S Experience
- Supervisor experience preferred in an operations environment
- Batch Processing experience
- Working knowledge of scheduling packages (control-M and/or CA7)
- Excellent communication and incident/conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment while supporting team members
- Information Technology certifications or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relations with all levels of internal and external customers and negotiate with vendors.
- Proven team and cross functional interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, judgment, leadership, and decision making skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Effective presentation and communications skills
- Knowledge of business segments and I/S processes and terminology
- Strong understanding of Systems Management
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now