Director Finance - Statutory Reporting and Analysis - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496464
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Finance/Accounting, Leadership
A high performing leader with expert knowledge of statutory accounting principles, strong ability to build relationships with regulators and internal and external peers and business partners, strong leadership talent for a high performing team, and an ability to effectively enable the execution of business transactions and strategic initiatives. Contributes to maximizing profitability and cost efficiency by managing the delivery of timely and accurate statutory financial statements and providing support for business initiatives and special projects. This role blends insurance statutory financial reporting and accounting expertise with the ability to lead, influence, communicate and guide throughout the Enterprise.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains positive relationships with regulators, internal business partners and external peers
- Collaborates with Finance and Actuarial project team to support execution of initiatives and run activities
- Drives execution on ideas to improve business processes
- Ensures proper internal controls exist and are maintained over processes that impact financial reporting
- Actively coaches and mentors staff to strengthen talent
- Builds and sustains an engaged, collaborative team
- Manages statutory reporting and analysis processes including the preparation and analysis of the quarterly and annual statements filed with State Insurance Departments
- Fosters a collaborative environment by leading by example
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time and Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and judgment making abilities, as well as establishing solid strategies to empower the team to resolve issues
- Expert knowledge of insurance statutory accounting guidance, practices and procedures and an ability to apply those concepts broadly to meet the needs of business partners
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers, business partners, and external parties as required
- Excellent communication skills, nonverbal, verbal, and written, with peers, senior management, business partners, and external parties including in times of conflict and negotiation
- Deep understanding of the products and elements of the business with some knowledge of industry factors driving the business
- Ability to establish deadlines within strategic direction of operation
- Demonstrated ability to establish practices and procedures common to a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently improve processes and create efficiencies across teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others in a direct and matrix team environment
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- 8 or more years’ experience working in the insurance industry or related field
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as CPA
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now