Bank Operations Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 496375
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Banking
erforms the daily operational support functions of the bank which may include Customer Account support for Branches, Item Processing (Proof), Lockbox Processing, Incoming/Outgoing Returns, Research & Adjustments, ACH/Wire processing, Legal claims, Collections, Cash Vault, Customer Statements, CTRs, Debit/ATM Cards & ATMs, Reg E, Document Imaging, Mail services and various related functions. Relies on limited experience and judgment to perform assigned duties.
Hours of the position:
12:00 pm - 8:30 pm March 11, 2019 to November 1, 2019
1:00 pm - 9:30 pm November 4, 2019 to March 9, 2020
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs operational tasks as needed and dependent on department function.
- Determines the source of problems and works to resolve them.
- Quickly communicates and escalates issues to meet individual and department goals.
- Processes a variety of research requests, adjustments and reconciliations, and account and table maintenance.
- Communicates and works with internal and external bank partners and vendors.
- Provides information and statistics for tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including department volumes.
- Reports daily activity via production spreadsheets.
- Assists with updating department policies and procedures and assists with cross-training staff.
- Complies with banking policies, regulations, and regulatory statutes
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Bank Operations Specialist I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Bank Operations Specialist II and Sr level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess good judgment and decision-making ability
- Some knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with prospective and existing customers and banking associates
- Some knowledge and experience in the financial services industry, including deposit and/or cash management and/or lockbox processing
- Effective organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, e-commerce, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now