Info Services Manager- Income and Wealth- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496374
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Leadership
Responsible for managing two high performing Stable Agile teams (Skynet and Empower Rangers) on the Income and Wealth (IWP) Agile Release Train (ART). Acts as a servant leader and coach - teaching, asking and /or influencing versus telling. The ISM is accountable for items and will partner closely with the team Leadership Triangles that have direct responsibility for execution of the work. Works in a Scaled Agile environment on the IWP ART managing teams that consists of both technical and business resources. Provides technology asset stewardship over key technologies owned by the teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in a Scaled Agile environment on an ART (Agile Release Train) that consists of both technical and business resources. Partners with roles on the ART (Scrum Masters, Solution Leads and Product Owners) that have responsibility for items the ISM is accountable for ensuring are done.
- Accountable for managing the Technical Condition/Technical Currency of the team applications through the technology lifecycle of the asset partnering with the Solution Lead and Product Owner on potential backlog items.
- Accountable for team Talent Development/Competency growth that requires a partnership with the Leadership Triangles regarding skill/growth gaps or knowledge transfer needs on the team to ensure team members sign up for work aligned to new competencies.
- Promotes the need and value of aligning work to be done with Target Architecture.
- Champions and fosters continuous Improvement plans for teams in several domains, such as DevOps, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience and use of Customer Insights.
- Provides Technology Asset Stewardship that includes the adoption/revelance of the asset, business partner user satisfaction, audit point resolution, license management /acceptable use of the asset, asset procurement and vendor management, contract management, Open Pages risk owner and compliance.
- Fosters Community of Practices.
- Builds partnerships with Customers/Suppliers/Consultants, Partners and Internal and External stakeholders.
- Ensures Team is following SDLC and Quality Practices. Coaches team on identifying risks or dependencies. Strong advocate for sustainable pace. Growth team member. Assists team with removing impediments.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Develops and coaches assigned personnel toward the achievement of career goals and plans while meeting the objectives of the Company. Facilitates horizontal development (growth within a given job level) and vertical development (movement of strong performers to the next job level) where applicable.
- Selects, trains, and appropriately uses staff resources. Aligns or acquires resources needed to deliver effective results. Builds a versatile and flexible organizational unit. Successfully utilizes contract employees where applicable.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers and suppliers. Exhibits effective technical/business skills and understanding to conceptually discuss the technologies/processes required to meet customer business requirements. Formalizes, understands, and negotiates customer/supplier priorities. Balances immediate problems with established tactical/strategic I/S and customer plans. Successfully understands the impact of technologies on Company problems and processes. Treats customers with respect, dignity, and appreciation. Adds value to customer interactions.
- Ensures commitments are met exploiting the appropriate defined architecture and infrastructure. Effectively guides and executes project control techniques. Guides development of sound business cases.
- Functions as a positive role model, strong coach, and change agent. Builds a team that understands operation, area, and team visions and strategies. Motivates, inspires, energizes, and helps people overcome barriers.
- Creates a tactical plan that reflects customer needs and I/S' ability to meet them. Participates in the development and maintenance of unit, area, division, and (where applicable) customer plans. Tracks executions, forecasts, balances, and adjusts operating work plans. Anticipates problems and opportunities while operating the planning process, successfully modify plans to accommodate changes, and document/correct problems. Accommodates unplanned circumstances while maintaining focus on tactical/strategic objectives. Searches for and recommends suggestions for expense reduction within their Team, Area and Division.
- Consults and participates in the development and/or selection of technical solutions as required. Understands concepts associated with the I/S architecture and information services industry. Understands the impact of technologies on Company problems and processes. Manages the orderly introduction and change of technology to the company. Proactively seeks new opportunities to creatively apply technology and knowledge within Team, Area, and Division.
- Actively supports and understand I/S Core Processes. Guides the operation of the processes. May actively participate in the construction, enhancement, and deployment of core processes. Searches for and recommends suggestions for process improvements within Team, Area and Division.
- Understand customer business processes. Participates with customer management, as requested, to define, review, or modify business processes. Understands how specified technologies can enable business processes.
- Pursues operational excellence and continuous improvement.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now