Business Systems Consultant / Sr. Business Systems Consultant (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery)
Job no: 496367
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management/Business Analyst
|Collaborates with customer areas to define business requirements for projects of a highly complex nature, associated with business technologies that improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Researches, develops, implements, and supports business systems and processes. Performs tasks that generally have few established guidelines or processes to follow. Manages Process Improvement initiatives associated with business technologies utilizing various methodologies and techniques to improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Leads and facilitates the definition of business requirements for projects of a highly complex or enterprise nature. Researches, analyzes, gathers metrics, develops, implements, improves and supports business systems and processes. Functions as Change Management advocate on complex or enterprise projects. Performs tasks that generally have few established guidelines or processes to follow.
Essential Job Functions:
Mutual of Omaha embraces a set of core values called the "Values for Success." These values set the standard for how we deal with customers and how we treat each other and all associates are expected to contribute to the achievement of business objectives by living Mutual's "Values for Success." In addition, all associates are expected to exhibit engagement and accountability and to contribute to the alignment of business objectives across the organization utilizing measurements as a tool.
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates alternatives to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex nature that require a higher level of abstract and creative solutions. Coordinates, plans and may conduct on-going maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research. May employ project management tools.
- Reviews, analyzes, tests, and recommends new software applications and equipment. Develops and executes test plans and may conduct quality reviews. Oversees vendor relations.
- Develops and implements comprehensive communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers. Implements system controls and procedures. May serve as a liaison to other Operations.
- Assists in the work direction of day-to-day activities. Provides overall goals; develops, updates, and maintains work plans. Completes complex and sensitive projects.
- Develops and administers project documentation, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Acts as a resource, provides training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity. May provide back-up support for management as needed.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates new and emerging business systems technologies, practices, and methodologies.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Broad knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated leadership role in business system operations, equipment evaluations, manual and mechanized system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards. Advanced knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes, which may include software implementation processes and process reengineering. Demonstrated experience with project management processes and tools and in managing and delivering projects timely.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills.
- Expert knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Expertise with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes. Experience with Web navigation and software.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now