Commercial Credit Analyst I, II or SR - San Diego, CA
Job no: 496362
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science, Banking
Responsible for evaluating the credit worthiness of businesses and determining their ability to repay. Ensures that the proposed loan(s) meet Credit Policies and Guidelines.
- Spread financial statements and/or tax returns.
- Identify material changes and trends on the financial statements and analyze the cash flow for the proposed deal.
- Using critical thinking skills, analyze and make approval recommendations on loans.
- Identify key risks and determine appropriate mitigates to those risks.
- Present well written credit packages for new loans, renewals and annual/quarterly reviews that clearly states the risks and key considerations for doing business with the client or prospect.
- Ensure compliance with all established credit policies/guidelines and regulatory statutes.
- Utilize external resources such as appraisals, rent rolls, industry information and market information to help determine adequacy of cash flow and collateral.
- Based on identified risks related to borrower operations, industry/sector, collateral, etc., recommend appropriate risk rating.
- Together with Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers, stay on top of the portfolio reporting requirements, ensuring renewals, annual reviews and quarterly monitoring is completed in a timely manner to ensure monitoring is occurring.
- Provide customer service to current and prospective borrowers, research borrower needs, answer questions, conduct routine research and solve routine problems. May attend client meetings as requested.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 5% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Credit Analyst I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Credit Analyst II and Sr level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in commercial credit analysis, finance or accounting fields.
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and time-management skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit information.
- Sound judgment, decision-making ability, and the ability to work in pressure situations
- Working knowledge of various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting/Business Management preferred.
- Knowledge of banking, including an understanding of commercial lending and credit and appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and procedures.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now