Sr Finance Analyst - Disbursements - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496288
Work type: Full Time Regular
The Sr. Finance Analyst will provide technical & administrative directions for the Disbursement staff, along with coaching & development. This position will review Disbursements business processes to ensure timely, accurate and efficient disbursement services, and account reconciliations. Disbursements processes include but are not limited to: Travel & Entertainment Expense reporting processing, compliance and policy maintenance via PeopleSoft; reconciliation, balancing, customer related inquiries, reporting, filing and response to audits by applicable governing bodies; 1099 reconciliations, balancing and year-end productions; and reviewing voucher entry processing via PeopleSoft for accuracy, timelines in payment processing and coding for LB312, Sales & Use tax and other taxable treatments for accurate reporting. Accountable for the results of the team in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, guidelines, and laws such as SSAP, GAAP and Regulatory reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures while directing accounting of financial records (including but not limited voucher entry coding, travel & entertainment expenses, and 1099’s) and disbursement of funds.
- Oversees required activities including but not limited to accounts reconciliation, journal entry, posting, ledger balancing, and internal balancing for financial systems while maintaining accurate and timely completions.
- Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with policies, SSAP, GAAP and applicable regulations.
- Ensures audit inquiries are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Assets in maintaining a continuously developing and engaged, accountable workforce.
- Assets in maintaining a fair and equitable work environment.
- Assets in overseeing the ongoing operation of department systems, including utilizing systems tools to resolve business issues.
- Assets in ensuring proper internal control over the accounting process. Designs and implements procedures for controlling and monitoring. Establishes and maintains appropriate documentation associated with all procedures, policies and activities.
Strong knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance
Ability to establish deadlines for themselves & team and execute against them.
Strong knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting, preferably in an insurance setting
Strong communication skills verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and management including in times of conflict and negotiation
Strong technical knowledge across a wide range of complex financial concepts and processes
Strong attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities across team members
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers, management, and business partners
Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities with minimal supervision
Demonstrates initiative to consistently improve processes through creativity and flexibility with minimal supervision
- 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as a CPA
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now