Finance Analyst - Disbursements - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496287
Work type: Full Time Regular
Position is responsible for preparing, reviewing of sales & use tax, along with LB312, and processing of all invoices received from Mutual departments and Mutual vendors. They are also responsible for processing Accounts payable transactions based on Mutual policies and procedures. Position requires a basic understanding of Sox Compliance, Best Practice and IRS Regulation. Position requires knowledge of full-cycle Accounts Payable, basic of accounting principles, intermediate MS office (word, excel and power point), strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Excellent communication and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with both internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processing and/or review invoices for accurate account classifications; match original invoices and request for payment with purchase orders or check request; verify receipt of goods; resolve discrepancies and problems regarding prices, delivery, and/or quality and impute sales & use tax, along with LB312 tax as appropriate.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to determine and/or review invoices for complex account classifications, approvals, and supporting documentation and to resolve any issues in documentation and contractual requirements with the appropriate department.
- Review check request, and/or other related documentation for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
- Serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to resolve invoices issues and make process improvements as necessary.
- Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices.
- Assist with managing month end close processes.
- Assist in in documentation of AP procedures and processes – to meet completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process.
- Monitor and/or perform processes related to employee expense reporting system.
- Maintains both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analysis, as directed.
- Performs miscellaneous filing, accounting and job-related duties as assigned.
Intermediate knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment
Ability to establish and execute against deadlines
Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting
Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring
content and approach to the intended audience.
Exhibits Technical skills and demonstrated continual learning
Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
Ability to utilize creativity thinking in improvement of business processes
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now