Sr. Procurement/Sourcing Specialist - Omaha, NE or Chattanooga, TN
Job no: 496281
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Nebraska, Tennessee
The Procurement/Sourcing Specialist is responsible to the organization for purchase of goods and services using the Source to Pay (S2P) process which includes the Oracle PeopleSoft system. Interacts with all key stakeholders to support the S2P process from sourcing and contracting to requisition to purchase to receipt to payment. Resolve exceptions and supply issues. Well-developed expertise in S2P processes, techniques and purchasing practices. This position can be located in Omaha, NE or Chattanooga, TN.
Essential Job Functions:
- Purchase goods and services from approved suppliers using the S2P process. Make certain requisitions comply with Enterprise approval processes (i.e., capital equipment purchase, etc.).
- Assist, support or lead strategic sourcing events in collaboration with Enterprise Procurement management, stakeholders, and business partners to: conduct internal & external research, perform spend data analytics, set & maintain category strategies, assemble & perform RFx's, prepare & present analysis, perform negotiations, complete contracting, and achieve supplier performance/relationship/risk management in procurement of goods and services for the organization.
- Assure S2P data accuracy (i.e., vendor master, material master, contract number, purchase cost, etc.).
- Manage the day to day relationship with, and tactical execution of, assigned suppliers. Identify and mitigate supply risks.
- Actively engage with suppliers regarding purchase order planning and tactical execution. Coordinate, facilitate, organize supplier meetings and communications to address near-term issues and concerns. Participate in Business Reviews with key and essential suppliers.
- Monitor and help manage supplier quality performance. Address issues as needed to assure supply of products and services. Inform business stakeholders when supply may be at risk.
- Coordinate and support as needed supplier improvement projects and/or supplier transitions. Participate on cross-functional teams (and lead when required) to address and resolve supply issues. Projects could include sourcing events (i.e., Request for Quote) and other activities to assure supply and make certain purchase costs are competitive.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Procurement to work on strategic supply issues and sourcing events as needed.
- Assist in guidance, support, and coaching to others to share knowledge and develop better technical and professional understanding within the discipline.
- Follow accepted practices and controls to assure purchasing process is in compliance to standard and meets Internal Audit requirements.
- Assist in return to vendor, reuse, release and/or resale of inventory product no longer needed by the Enterprise.
- Develop professional knowledge and expertise by joining professional organizations (i.e., ISM), by pursuing professional certifications (i.e., ISM CPSM), and/or by participating in continued education, webinars, seminars, etc.
- May also assist and support procurement policy management, process improvements, reporting, and training & education efforts contributing to an effective and efficient procurement organization.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Procurement/Sourcing Specialist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Procurement/Sourcing Specialist level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong written and oral communication and human relations skills with a proven ability to interact positively in customer relationships
- Proficient analytical skills with strong attention to detail, accuracy and error free work
- Preferred product and service knowledge and technical expertise
- Strong organizational skills and efficient work habits
- Computer literacy with strong keyboarding and data entry skills to include standard Windows based management tools and mainframe applications
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports, problem-solve and learn rapidly
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Finance/Business or other relevant program
- Knowledge of Source to Pay process and systems
- IT strategic sourcing work experience
- Planning, negotiation, purchasing and project management experience
- Experience participating on project work groups including suppliers, customers and other resources
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now