Finance Analyst/Sr Finance Analyst - Accounting Policy & External Reporting - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496278
Work type: Full Time Regular
Are you a dedicated team player with excellent leadership and critical thinking skills and an aptitude for quickly analyzing numbers? The Mutual of Omaha Controller division is looking for a dynamic Finance Analyst for our expense allocation team. The ideal candidate will possess negotiation and critical thinking talents with an ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment. Excellent communication and analytical skills are key. Strong knowledge of expense systems and analytical tools are a plus. This role allows for the building of a contact network which will provide continued career growth within the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in or leads the allocation of company expenses in support of profitability, regulatory reporting and product pricing
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of expense drivers and provides multiple scenarios of allocation changes
- Supports or leads actual, plan and forecast expense allocations, analysis and trends
- Develops an understanding of company expense structure and business statistics for use in allocation process, methodologies and expense analysis
- Operates collaboratively while building relationships with business partners and providing insights
- Participate in or leads projects, as assigned
- Participates in or leads and documents key processes and decisions and contributes improvement ideas
- Understands business products and strategy
- Contributes and executes ideas to improve business processes and knowledge in the workplace
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Finance Analyst job family essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Finance Associate levels and Sr Finance Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to a financial services finance environment
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting
- Strong communication verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience
- Exhibits technical accounting and technology skills and demonstrated continual learning or strong knowledge across a wide range of complex financial concepts and processes
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up, financial acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to utilize creative thinking to improve business processes
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and financial analysis tools used in an insurance industry environment
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or equivalent experience in Finance/Accounting related field
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes
- Understanding of expense allocation methods and practices
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now