Payroll Technician - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496276
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Human Resources
Provides support for the Payroll process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes and verifies all input work for the various payrolls accurately and timely.
- Loads and processes all input files for the appropriate payroll cycles accurately and timely.
- Runs jobs daily for processing time reporting information and properly handles all error/warning messages.
- Runs jobs to process and balance the payrolls.
- Enters and balances time reporting information in the payroll system.
- Submits new hire reporting files to the state each payroll cycle.
- Completes and distributes reports to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Processes manual checks for active and terminated employees, when necessary.
- Maintains files in an orderly manner.
- Effectively handles multiple tasks and meets established deadlines.
- Participates in project groups as assigned.
- Reviews the accuracy and integrity of information, identifies problem areas and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Gathers, summarizes and analyzes information or data to aid in the resolution of business issues.
- Ensures daily work activities and participation in short-term and long-term projects/initiatives align with the Enterprise Mission, Vision, and Strategy.
- Disseminates relevant information while exercising discretion in sharing confidential information within and outside of the HR Division. Provides subject matter expertise in training/educating internal and external business partners.
- Provides thorough and effective customer service when interacting with internal and external business partners.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with established deadlines.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- Experience with the application of policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment.
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work somewhat independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to utilize appropriate systems to perform functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting.
- Previous payroll experience with an understanding of payroll processing, overtime rules, multi-state payroll rules and tax calculations.
- Experience working using a payroll system; PeopleSoft experience is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now