Actuary Director, Group Long Term Disability - Omaha, NE or remote
Job no: 496272
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Mutual of Omaha is looking for an Actuarial Director to lead and execute product design, pricing, financial projections and other financial analyses for Group Long Term Disability to assure the measurement and achievement of Corporate profit, growth, information and planning objectives. This position also coordinates resources to provide effective analytical support to contribute to effective product and financial management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, staffs, directs and controls department activities, including all personnel management functions such as budgeting for and controlling expenses, long and short range planning, interviewing and selecting applicants, training and development, work direction, appraising performance, administering salaries, transfers and promotions, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Identifies and investigates profit and financial problems and opportunities as they relate to assigned product lines of the Companies to contribute to achievement of risk adjusted revenue and product line profitability goals with minimum adverse effect on third parties.
- Develops actuarial assumptions while valuing or projecting various product lines. May have an opportunity to assist in designing and developing new products for assigned product line that satisfy marketing objectives and are actuarially sound to support short and long-term profit objectives of the Company.
- Directs monitoring and financial analysis of product line profitability (GAAP, value-added, statutory, etc.) as a result of the implementation of product pricing strategies for assigned product lines.
- Monitors, facilitates and controls corrective actions with respect to experience loss ratios for product lines to contribute to achievement of revenue and product line profitability goals with minimum adverse effect on agents and policyholders.
- Provides actuarial support to the product lines and continually assess product line ability as they respond to new challenges brought about by a new pending regulatory environment, including state and federal reform.
- Remains current on new insurance products, procedures and regulatory reforms by actively participating in industry professional groups and various Company and state-sponsored committees.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA), plus a thorough actuarial background.
- Ability to incorporate actuarial expertise with the creativity necessary to effectively design and critique new products.
- Knowledge of insurance products, pricing and marketing philosophies and objectives, risk management, and a broad background in the operations of insurance companies.
- Leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions.
- Group experience in life, disability, dental and/or vision.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now