Renewal Specialist (Workplace Solutions) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496266
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Customer Service
|Provides operational support for all renewal activity for Renewal Executives and sales staff in achieving renewal targets and goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Renewal Support: Provides renewal support to Renewal Executive and sales staff members as assigned. Proactively manages and works as an extension of sales office on renewal activity and broker processes and develops relationships with broker partners to help achieve renewal targets through positioning of supplemental material to support renewal actions. Serves as a liaison for Renewal Executive , sales staff, brokers and home office business partners.
- Renewals: Creates renewal letters and packages, running trial alternates for the purposes of plan design changes working with the Renewal Executive and as directed by Renewal Executive and/or broker. Assists with spreadsheeting competitive rates through review of current proposal options from competition. Works with Renewal Executive and/or rep on rate increases, positioning of cases through paid basis, claims and additional documentation. Supports the Renewal Executive through additional system administration functions as needed.
- Revisions: Completes revisions as needed for renewals within standard timeframe.
- Add on Quotes: Runs quotes for add on lines of coverage for positioning at renewal. Works collaboratively with Renewal Executive and/or rep to execute.
- Product and Industry Knowledge: Ensures compliance of State Insurance Department regulations. Remains abreast of industry trends and product knowledge.
- Travel to sales office on a quarterly basis to interact with Renewal Executive, sales staff, and brokers.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Demonstrated success and ability to build relationships and collaborate with sales personnel, external and internal partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with little day to day supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong collaboration and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Poses leadership qualities and is able to think and prioritize strategically.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the work period and a valid driver's license.
- 2+ years of extensive knowledge of Group Insurance products, design, administration, and marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of company products, systems, and processes supporting Group Insurance.
- Knowledge of competitors' products and positioning.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now