Dental Compliance Consultant - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496177
Work type: Full Time Regular
Provides direction for gathering, reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing compliance-related data, information, and processes to
ensure adherence with corporate standards and federal/state requirements. Leads and/or coordinates complex compliance-related
activities and ensures timely implementation.
*This position is open to working remotely.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures the research and renewal of insurance and/or securities products and services while maintaining compliance with federal,state, and local laws and regulations.
- Oversees the review, analysis, research, and interpretation of current, proposed, and newly adopted laws and regulations to determine impact to the business and provide recommendations on adherence.
- Guides the coordination and distribution of compliance-related documents and/or activities to appropriate area. Monitors responses to ensure areas take appropriate actions within the effective date/timeframe. Identifies potential implementation and/or interpretation inconsistencies and notifies appropriate management. Advises staff regarding resolutions on compliance-related issues and process inconsistencies, and ensures timely implementation.
- Directs and leads corporate/operational initiatives and project teams for implementation of process and system changes to comply with laws impacting insurance operations and processes.
- Directs and guides the research, analysis, interpretation, and application of new and existing state insurance and/or securities laws and regulations impacting insurance, product specifications, and operating procedures.
- Remains abreast of general legislative and regulatory trends and pertinent federal/state legislation affecting products, sales producer handling and other business areas within the company. Reviews and provides responses regarding the impact of proposed legislation on the Company's products.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Ability to maintain effective performance under conditions such as pressure of tight deadlines, rigorous questioning of their work, and opposition and criticism from parties disagreeing with proposals.
Extensive knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures.
Ability to work efficiently in pressure situations and demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
Ability to work independently and handle multiple and diverse complex assignments/projects simultaneously
Strong ability to lead and manage teams in resolution of issues
Seasoned knowledge of insurance, federal and state government laws/regulations
Seasoned ability to research issues, interpret laws, develop consolidated approach and policies, and communicate
Seasoned knowledge and background in the interpretation of legislation.
Seasoned knowledge of individual and/or group life and health products and related services to include industry and
Advanced planning, organization, and decision-making skills.
Advanced negotiation, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Seasoned analytical ability and sound judgment.
- Medical and/or Dental Compliance experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now