Financial Analyst Planning & Reporting (Pima Center) - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 496133
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science, Banking, Finance/Accounting
|Assists in providing accurate and timely reporting to regulators and the parent company. Builds processes that ensure accurate and timely reporting to external users of financial information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare insightful monthly analysis of actual results vs. budget/forecast
- Support month end close process with analysis, consolidation, and reporting
- Monitor and analyze budget variances to recommend continuous improvement opportunities
- Build and manage in-depth financial models to support new business opportunities, financing initiatives and divestitures
- Assist in defining, managing, and streamlining financial reporting process
- Perform ad-hoc analyses in support of business initiatives
- Support preparation and review of quarterly board materials
- Support preparation and review of monthly Executive Leadership packages
- Assist in effectively planning and budgeting business results
- Develop and maintain business KPI’s, performance metrics, and trend analysis on business results
- Creation/maintenance/development of templates and coordination of the process for the company’s annual strategic and operating plans
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Financial Analyst II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The III level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- BS / BA in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Clear understanding of P&L and balance sheet relationship
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; exceptionally skilled in Excel
- Exceptional Analytical skills
- Fundamental knowledge of Accounting, Reporting and Analysis
- Ability to communicate the results of detailed analyses to executive management
- Highly motivated team player with excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with excel based financial reporting tool a plus
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now