Bank Operations Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 496131
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Banking
Mutual of Omaha bank is looking for a Bank Operations Specialist with a passion for detail to join our team in Phoenix! In this position you will perform the daily operational support functions of the bank. The primary responsibility of this role is ACH file processing. Secondary functions may include Customer Account support, Item Processing, Incoming/Outgoing Returns, Research & Adjustments. Some tasks may be complex and rely on experience and judgment to accomplish.
The hours for this role will be Monday-Friday
- 10am-7pm (hours will change during Nov-March)
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs operational tasks as needed and dependent on department function.
- Determines the source of problems and works to resolve them.
- Quickly communicates and escalates issues to meet individual and department goals.
- Processes a variety of research requests, adjustments and reconciliations, and account and table maintenance.
- Communicates and works with internal and external bank partners and vendors. Provides information and statistics for tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including department volumes.
- Reports daily activity via production spreadsheets.
- Assists with updating department policies and procedures and assists with cross-training staff.
- Complies with banking policies, regulations, and regulatory statutes.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Bank Operations Specialist I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Bank Operations Specialist II and Senior Bank Operations Specialist levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess good judgment and decision-making ability
- Some knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with prospective and existing customers and banking associates
- Some knowledge and experience in the financial services industry, including deposit and/or cash management and/or lockbox processing
- Effective organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, e-commerce, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now