Mortgage Valuation Manager - San Diego, CA
Job no: 496130
Work type: Full Time Regular
Oversee the real estate valuation function of Mutual of Omaha Bank's wholly owned, retail mortgage subsidiary, Synergy One
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of valuation ordering, review, and oversight policy and procedures for Synergy One.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of engagement letters, review and reconsideration forms for Synergy One.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an appraisal fee schedule for Synergy One.
- Monitor all applicable federal and state appraisal regulations, government agency appraisal standards, and private investor overlays to ensure compliance.
- Manage recruiting, diligence, and approval process for third party valuation service providers, including Appraisal Management Companies (AMCs), individual panel appraisers, and third party review providers.
- Develop compliance, quality, and service metrics for third party valuation service providers. Incorporate performance metrics into vendor contracts and service agreements. Track and report performance metrics to Synergy One and Bank leadership. Provide regular performance feedback to third party valuation service providers. Make performance based recommendations for the ranking and status of valuation service providers, and the reporting of compliance violations to state credentialing authorities.
- Perform appraisal reviews for quality control purposes.
- Provide training to operations, underwriting, and loan production personnel as needed.
- Perform prefunding appraisal reviews and field internal review escalations and appraisal reconsideration requests as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise valuation coordinators and review staff as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience appraising all types of complex and non-complex residential properties
- Minimum 3 years of experience reviewing appraisals
- Must be state Certified General or Certified Residential Appraiser
- Strong knowledge of appraisal practice and procedures, including in-depth knowledge of USPAP
- Strong understanding of secondary market appraisal requirements
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel to analyze data and create reports
- Ability to perform and meet deadlines Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Very detailed and process oriented
- Ability to travel to all office locations
- Financial institution experience
- Vendor management and third party oversight experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now