Network Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 496126
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
|Responsible for planning, designing, installing, administering, modifying, testing, analyzing, and troubleshooting network systems (including wireless and Voice over IP) to meet business objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoot data and voice cabling, data, network communications systems, hardware, software, and other infrastructure related equipment to meet design specifications. Interprets circuit diagrams and schematics.
- Maintains and repairs data, network, and telecommunications equipment and systems. Performs routine data network hardware and software maintenance as necessary.
- Performs problem resolution and change management procedures.
- Interprets, determines fix action, verifies, and completes service requests for data communications services.
- Provides training and technical assistance to users.
- Monitors and oversees daily data operations, performance of network systems, and systems management applications and tasks for home office and remote locations.
- F5 Big IP and Palo Alto firewall experience a plus.
- Demonstrates a high degree of service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and operates within a project framework or independently to meet business objectives.
- Works with telecommunication vendors to resolve data and network communications problems.
- Assists in the evaluation of new products, services, and technologies to meet business requirements. Continually improves processes and applies knowledge to increase efficiencies.
- Provides analysis and resolution of technical and process problems through collaboration with business and technical resources to minimize customer impact.
- Performs capacity and resource planning, assessment of network risks, and updates contingency plans.
- Assists in schematically depicting complex network architecture topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations and maintain system documentation.
- Assists in the planning and design of complex network architecture, network and LAN infrastructure, Wide Area Network (WAN) and Broadband communications, wireless, and VoIP solutions.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet Protocol's (IP) and its application in data, network and voice systems.
- Advanced knowledge of patch panels, rack and cabling systems, various analog and digital signaling systems, copper and fiber cabling connection and termination procedures, and data and voice communications architecture.
- Working knowledge of data communications systems, support, switching and routing architecture, and wiring. Experience should include data system and facility administration, moves/adds/changes, fault isolation, resolution, and end-user support.
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and group environments under the guidance of a Senior Network Analyst, and within a project framework.
- Ability to interpret circuit diagrams and schematics
- Ability to operate within a project framework or independently to meet business objectives
- Primary Skill Required: Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP and its application in data, network and voice systems. Cisco routing and switching experience a must.
- Second Skill Required: Working knowledge of data communications systems, support, switching and routing architecture, and wiring. Experience should include data system and facility administration, moves/adds/changes, fault isolation, resolution, and end-user support.
- Third Skill Required: Knowledge of patch panels, rack and cabling systems, various analog and digital signaling systems, copper and fiber cabling connection and termination procedures, and data and voice communications architecture.
- Communicates complex technical concepts to area management and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems, design, install and test moderately complex technical solutions.
- Obtains agreement or consensus from multiple parties; earns trust and seeks win-win solutions while managing infrastructure expectations.
- Performs operational and tactical planning. Use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions.
- Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures.
- Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
- Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems.
- Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and manages technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now