Associate Project Manager/Project Manager (Individual Claims) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496091
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Project Management/Business Analyst
|Managing the overall planning, design, execution and delivery of small to medium projects and stages/phases of larger projects with timely, cost effective, and quality results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks to include evaluation of progress/quality/costs and developing action plans to address gaps throughout project life cycle.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams and building strong sponsor, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for managing projects to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 0-3 years project management experience.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issue, business/technology need, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- 1-3 years of information technology and/or business experience.
- Awareness of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc).
- Ability to manage projects across technologies, domains, and business functions (SBU's).
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills.
- Leadership- advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Professional - understands and executes corporate project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, building and executing a project plan, monitoring and controlling project work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling project costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (1-3 business partners, use of 1-3 systems)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now