Finance Analyst - Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496082
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Finance/Accounting, Investment Management
Are you a strong team player and communicator with excellent critical thinking skills? The Mutual of Omaha Controller division is looking for a dynamic Finance Analyst for our broker dealer subsidiary. The ideal candidate will possess leadership and critical thinking talents with an ability to work well within a dynamic and high functioning team. Excellent communication skills are imperative to support our business partners in providing prompt service and accurate analysis of key business and financial drivers. This role allows for the building of a network of relationships which will provide continued career growth within the organization.
Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc., is a registered securities broker-dealer, member of FINRA/SIPC, and SEC Registered Investment Advisor Firm serving Mutual of Omaha's agency sales force and retirement plans division. Individual products include mutual funds, variable annuities, variable life insurance and 529 college savings plans. Retirement plan options include individual retirement accounts (IRAs), 403(b) plans, SIMPLE plans, 401(k)s and other defined contribution plans.
Participates in the timely and accurate reporting of the broker-dealer’s financial reports to the parent company and other regulatory bodies (e.g. FINRA/SEC), ensuring the firm’s compliance with regulatory net capital.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions
- Prepares daily cash reconciliation, ensures all accounts payable/receivable entries are journaled, and prepares other monthly accruals specific to the broker-dealer. Coordinates with Distribution Compensation area to ensure all revenues and certain expenses related to representative securities business are properly settled.
- Prepares monthly receivable and payable reconciliations for review, including the settlement of affiliate bill expenses with the Parent Company and the monthly reconciliation and settlement of clearing broker customer activities.
- Participates in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial and sales reporting including key business drivers, and annualized new business premium. Identifies financial trends and provides recommendations based upon analysis and interpretation of results.
- Participates in the preparation of quarterly Board of Directors reporting and supports internal/external audits and state/federal regulatory reviews as applicable. Assists with the calculation and monitoring of the broker dealer's net capital computation including the preparation of monthly net capital computations, workpapers and quarterly filing schedules for regulatory oversight organizations (FINRA/SEC).
- Work closely with management and other key business partners to ensure proper revenue, distribution costs, and operating expense assumptions used in developing the budget and financial plan.
- Assists with development, implementation, and maintenance of key internal controls to effectively monitor revenues, distribution costs, and expenses. This would include partnering with the business to identify revenue maximizing opportunities and cost efficiencies. Coordinates with various business partners, auditors, and regulators, as required, to ensure that processes are accurate, efficient and monitored effectively. Establishes and maintains appropriate documentation of procedures, policies, and activities
- Participates in project work to develop standard operating procedures and provide training and support to broker-dealer personnel. Assists with and creates recommendations for improvements to internal processes and systems in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to a broker dealer finance environment
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines
- Clear understanding of GAAP accounting
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience
- Exhibits Technical skills and demonstrated continual learning
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur. Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities Basic problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to utilize creativity thinking in improvement of business processes
- Eligible to be bonded and remain bonded
- Basic understanding of broker dealer products and business elements
- Knowledge of accounting systems used in securities industry environment
- Clear understanding of broker-dealer accounting and reporting concepts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- Understanding securities business processes
- 2-3 years' experience working in securities industry for a broker-dealer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now