GPS Representative/Sr GPS Representative/GPS Specialist (Premium Services)- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496007
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Contributes to the department's overall success in meeting established goals and objectives through the accurate, timely, and thorough disposition of premium billing and/or eligibility processing and maintenance activity using automated systems, billing methods and business functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs standard premium and eligibility processing functions and receives and determines the intent of customer inquiries and accurately responds by investigating, analyzing and resolving all questions and concerns to meet customer expectations while maintaining production, quality, and time service requirements. Maintains confidentiality in the collection, maintenance and dissemination of restricted, sensitive or other information as identified by management. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with personnel at all levels of the Company to assure the successful implementation and delivery of programs.
- Evaluates and maintains the eligibility of certholders, as applicable to current assignment, for use in billing, claim paying (enrollments, reclassifications, terminations, and reinstatements), and determines if changes are in compliance with a variety of employee and dependent coverage requirements as mandated by the policyholder contract and various state and federal laws.
- Determines the accuracy of billing statements. Analyzes and allocates premium payments as it relates to direct billing. Evaluates data maintained on COMPASS and GFS systems to ensure the accuracy of billing, eligibility and premium collection/allocation to comply with contractual obligations.
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves eligibility entries which erroneously may affect claim payment, reimbursement payments, and financial results. Assists in resolution of complex eligibility audits referred by others within the department by researching, resolving and documenting the process to finalization.
- Identifies and communicates premium and eligibility non conformance to other Group departments to successfully resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
*This job posting is reflective of the GPS Representative essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The SR GPS Representative and GPS Specialist levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Excellent customer service and human relations skills
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate instructions and information to other associates and customers
- Strong math, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment, creativity and flexibility
- Proficient with personal computer and Microsoft applications
- Proficient typing and data entry skills with strict accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and calculator throughout the work period
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements, master contract provisions, and applicable federal/state laws
- Knowledge of contract provisions and their impact on the ability to collect premiums and determine eligibility
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now