This position is designed to function as a Supervisor to plan, staff, direct, develop and maintain the efficient operation of one of the following functions within Policyowner Services: Health Operations. Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment. Provides oversight to the performance of subordinates and the execution of department, division and Company initiatives to improve business processes and foster profitable growth. Specifically responsible for the monitoring and coaching of subordinate staff to ensure performance expectations are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, leads and controls activities pertaining to Policyowner Services including: Planning projects and capital and human resource budgets; interviewing, selecting, and training subordinates; monitoring and appraising performance of direct reports to hold them accountable for end results including human resource management; coaching and motivating direct reports; administering disciplinary action as needed; administering compensation to direct reports; ensuring that Policyowner Services complies with affirmative action guidelines.
- Ensures all daily activities support the area efforts to meet or exceed corporate policies, procedures and/or directives. Ensures all new legislation, mandates and legal requirements are analyzed and information is disseminated to the appropriate functional areas for review and implementation. Identifies areas of noncompliance, developing procedures to modify and/or enhance existing processes and initiates corrective action.
- Collaborates, evaluates, recommends and assists with the implementation of various risk management strategies, guidelines and programs in alignment with maintaining the financial viability of the organization.
- Assists in the efforts regarding the implementation of risk management policies, procedures and processes and advocates for organization-wide efforts to protect policyowners, producers and the company.
- Assists with the definition and implementation of risk solutions that help optimize operations.
- Assists in the development and implementation of programs to ensure profitability for the company through vendor contracting and management, third party payers and other areas of exposure to operational risk.
- Organizes, monitors, measures and controls area workflow, establishes and maintains quality and time service standards assuring timely service to internal and external customers, while ensuring expenses are managed appropriately. May develop and implement quality assurance programs.
- Develops staff through training, communication and delegation of responsibility. Establishes, implements and monitors training requirements and effectiveness. Develops and demonstrates strong leadership skills in the areas of talent, visionary and business leadership.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal and external working relationships within division and throughout the Companies to ensure support and attainment of Division and Corporate goals and objectives and ensures effectiveness of the operation.
- Leads and participates in project activities initiated to enhance customer satisfaction, corporate profitability, productivity and/or quality. Researches and analyzes trends and changes across operations, based on customer feedback, as well as the overall insurance industry and develops related plans to improve operational performance.
- Manages contracting, licensing, and appointment of the Companies distribution system in coordination with Corporate Compliance and internal sales support teams to ensure effectiveness of service delivery.
- Monitors Underwriting activities for Annuities or Reinstatement functions. Ensures the proper selection of risk as determined by established processes and practices, and ensures policies are processed within guidelines. Collaborates with Legal, Compliance or other internal parties as appropriate for decisions outside guidelines to ensure appropriate assessment of risk.
- Supports operational risk activities for all products sold and administered by the Companies, while meeting or exceeding expense management objectives.
- Monitors daily operational risk activities including quality and quantity of work and corrects minor workflow problems.
- Ability to maintain composed during times of litigation and/or settlement for the Company, or trips to the Department of Insurance to discuss the Company's processes.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Effective management skills, strong leadership, analytical, decision-making, communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing in an operational risk environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects and activities.
- Sound and independent judgment and the ability to think and conceptualize beyond existing barriers, methods and practices.
- Ability to influence others to gain support.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of corporate policies, philosophies and objectives.
- Seasoned insurance background with an understanding of Company products and distributions.
- Creativity and resilience.
- Knowledge of business processing functions including systems technology and related federal and state regulations.
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation.
- Three plus years industry or related management/risk experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.