Application Solution Architect (Data Architecture)- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496000
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The Application Solutions Architect leads and performs complex application design, development, and integration that may span multiple technologies, processes, and business areas. The ASA makes use of moderate to deep knowledge across multiple business areas and applications to successfully deliver innovative solutions for major system implementations at a program level by leading and guiding multiple teams toward a unified technology solution. ASAs are expected to not only deliver results on an individual level, but to be accountable for team and program success as well.
This specific position will be responsible for partnering with Sr/Principal System Architects to lead, define, and implement the operational, reporting, and analytics data architecture for a multi-year application transformation effort. This position will also join with and mentor a cross-functional Data, Reporting, and Analytics team to implement the data architecture for consumption of data. The key early deliveries for this position will be to gain an understanding of the business unit(s) current data operational/run needs, defining the near and long term data strategies for data maintenance, reporting, and analytics, as well as to recommend and prove out the transitional approach to move our data architecture from current to future state.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the design, development and integration of applications and systems that support the business using required tools and languages with an emphasis on maintainability and proper integration of new technology with existing technology.
- Responsible for developing and advocating for improved techniques for designing, developing, testing, and debugging applications including contributions to the review of new languages, tools, and techniques.
- Responsible for understanding and influencing business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area and providing consultative leadership to customers on desired application enhancements.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior staff as well as providing program-level leadership, guidance, and direction. Responsibility may include providing formal training on development methodologies and languages.
- Responsible for analyzing highly complex business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives for business application development and integration and effectively communicate those options to senior level leadership.
- Responsible for providing leadership to project teams through design, estimation, coordination & definition of tasks; will often include articulating and advocating for new technical and non-technical ideas.
- Responsible for maintaining mid-range (12-18 month) view of technology, industry trends, business needs, and application requirements.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 6+ years system experience with multiple applicable applications/systems, specifically with operational data.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web. Portal, Cloud, etc.) and the operational data models and architecture.
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- The most qualified candidate will have experience in data transformation initiatives including designing and implementing the operational application data architecture as it incrementally transforms from monolithic applications to microservices architected applications. Extensive background with data integration, data modeling and relational databases (preferred Teradata, DB2, and SQL Server)
- Extensive background with data integration, data modeling and relational databases (preferred DB2, and SQL Server, Teradata)
- Extensive SQL experience
- Extensive ETL architecture, design and development experience
- Extensive experience leading and mentoring others in event based data architecture
- High level of communication, collaboration and information sharing
- Critical thinker/problem solver with ability to navigate through ambiguity and unknowns
- Strong mentorship skills and experience building and developing strong teams
- Demonstrated experience in improving availability and performance of systems
- A passion for driving improvement
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and/or the Financial Services Industry.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include speaking in front of a group.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Strong leadership skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now