Database Reporting Analyst - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495997
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science, Information Technology, Marketing/Communications
|Accountable for the daily reporting, data mining and quality assurance of data processed between Mutual, 3rd Party Partners and Mutual's external MSP, from Mutual's various marketing databases. Collaborates with external partners and across internal resources to formulate strategies and support department initiatives. Ongoing development of data extraction, profiling and reporting from the marketing databases to reach overall goals for growth in market share and profit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the analysis, development and implementation of business intelligence solutions related to the marketing strategy, business plans, budgets and marketing campaigns for the direct to consumer department.
- Responsible for analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Provides support for existing quality assurance reporting processes to eliminate production downtime.
- Manages the distribution and business rule adherence for all data extraction, including all necessary compliance and legal requirements, including the communication of issues, variance analysis and performance results to management and partner areas.
- Proposes analytics strategies and solutions that are challenging and innovative.
- May provide training and guidance for other team members.
- Partners with business unit, IT and external vendors to gather requirements and implement reporting and data management solutions
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Database Reporting Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Database Reporting Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Prior experience with SQL/Oracle languages and database structures
- Moderate understanding of reporting and data visualization tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstration of good strategic thinking, problem solving and sound business decision skills
- Ability to make complex concepts simple and easy to understand
- Results driven, self-motivated team-player
- Understanding of Operational Data Stores and transactional (OLTP) systems
- Understanding of Dimensional Models and OLAP systems
- Experience in building data mart/BI layers tailored for advanced reporting.
- Experience designing and maintaining ETL, data integration, or data warehouse processes
- Experience creating and modifying database triggers, stored procedures, or complex analytical queries.
- Experience with setting up/configuring data feeds via web services and SFTP.
- Solid understanding of database marketing principles.
- Experience with project management tools and processes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now