Commercial Real Estate Banker - Las Vegas market
Job no: 495996
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Sales
Develops and manages new banking relationships with developers, lenders, and real estate investors and identities cross-selling opportunities for other bank products and services. Manages portfolio ensuring proper risk is assessed and in compliance with appropriate regulations, laws, and bank policies. Coordinates with other Mutual of Omaha Bank business partners on the delivery of banking product and services through multiple service channels and/or areas of specialization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and maintains real estate credit relationships through community involvement and building and maintaining business networks. Assists in the facilitation to prospecting customers, identities cross-selling opportunities for other bank products and services, and participates in creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Underwrites loan proposals and performs financial analysis of transactions and borrowers. Identifies and mitigates credit risks. Prepares appropriate documents to ensure adherence with banking policies and guidelines.
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided in a timely manner and support the profitable growth of the account.
- Monitors and analyzes loan portfolio results and account activities. Strengthens and manages existing account relationships through providing financial advice, determining loan and deposit needs, and ensuring appropriate banking products and services are provided for profitable growth of the account.
- Provides support in the management of complex loan portfolios.
- Ensures compliance with commercial real estate lending policies and practices, and regulatory statute
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers needs.
- Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Commercial Real Estate Banker essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Commercial Real Estate Banker II, III, IV level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Knowledge of and experience in Commercial Real Estate loans, deposits, lending techniques and practices Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial real estate lending Strong knowledge of banking products and services
- Some knowledge of the mortgage and construction process to include construction, administration, draw monitoring and appraisals. Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Business development, relationship management and lead generation skills Strong organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to manage risk for low to moderate loan size and complexity.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate sound business decisions.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- BS in Finance or Business/Real Estate related field
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now