Financial Analyst Planning & Reporting (Pima Center) - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 495936
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science, Banking, Finance/Accounting
|Under supervision, provides accurate and timely reporting to regulators and the parent company. Builds processes that ensure accurate and timely reporting to external users of financial information. This is the entry level of the Financial Analysts family, so training and support from Level II and Level III Financial Analysts will be necessary
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in providing information to the insurance company for consolidated financial reporting and tax filing, as well as reporting to the OCC and other regulatory agencies.
- Implements the requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act (FDICIA) and develops extensive documentation of bank controls.
- Provides assistance to Level II and Level III Financial Analysts in the preparation of GAAP financial statements including accompanying notes.
- Under supervision, prepares accurate regulatory reports for timely filing.
- In collaboration with Level II and III Financial Analysts, provides assistance in the preparation of financial reports and analysis to support the bank and holding company boards of directors and senior management.
- Assists in the preparation of financial information and provides analysis for third party correspondent banks and credit providers.
- Participates in financial and administrative projects as assigned, including reengineering efforts, specific process changes and/or ad-hoc reporting required to support all business activities.
- Coordinates with various business units, as required, to ensure that processes are accurate, efficient and timetables are achievable.
- Assists in developing more efficient operations by designing and implementing procedures and practices for controlling and monitoring expenses, expediting accurate and timely data, and increasing analysis and clarity of financial reports.
- Maintains appropriate documentation associated with all procedures, policies and activities.
- Assists in identifying financial trends and provides recommendations based upon analysis and interpretation of results.
- Participates in impromptu and organized activities to improve financial knowledge throughout the workplace.
- Assists in planning, organizing, leading, and mentoring, including preparation and presentation of financial concepts, processes and tools, and on-the-job, eLearning and formal training efforts.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Financial Analyst I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The II, and III levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Some knowledge of accounting practices and procedures related to financial accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Some knowledge of financial and statistical analysis
- Some technical knowledge, including experience utilizing PeopleSoft and other software applications
- Confidential and Proprietary Page 2 of 6 Some knowledge of bank accounting and reporting
- Data management skills
- Analytical skills, creativity and flexibility
- Verbal and written communication skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now