Group Office Supervisor (Dallas Group Office) - Dallas, TX
Job no: 495893
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Leadership, Sales, Administrative/Support
|Assist Sales staff and provide operational support to contribute to the achievement of sales goals, growth, and profit for the sales office and for the Companies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, staff, direct and control group office activities including: time reporting, interviewing and selecting applicants working with the regional manager, work direction, appraising performance, administering salaries and discipline, promotions and ensuring compliance with corporate goals for all sales analyst support staff. Work Direction includes Directing and controlling the work activities of support personnel assigned to the office to include establishing priorities, organizing and monitoring workflow across all processes.
- Provide training, development and on-going supervision to sales analyst staff including but not limited to office training on new enhancements, tools and processes. Conduct all new hire training for all new Sales Analysts in the office.
- Support the Regional Manager will analyzing reports, summarizing data, workflow management reporting, and escalated issues to ensure effective and efficient operation of the group office.
- Sales Support: Provide sales support to Sales staff members as assigned. Proactively manage quote activity and broker processes, and develop relationships with broker partners to help achieve sales goals. May make periodic visits with sales representatives to assist with Finalist Presentations, Enrollment meetings, and new client meetings. Serve as a liaison for Sales Staff, brokers, and home office business partners. Additional sales support/development may be assigned "as requested" by the RGM/Rep.
- Sales Development: Partner with assigned sales personnel to generate proposals, participate in negotiations and close sales.
- Proposals: Receive RFPs from brokers, consultants and agents, enter RFP into GSAP. Prepare proposals, follow-up with requests to ensure a timely response, and review written proposals prior to presentation. Forward to group client for review.
- Rating: Underwrite and quote premium rates for life and long term disability cases generally under 500 lives and dental and short term disability cases under 100 lives. Deliver policies and certificates received from Home Office to the policyholder. Throughout sales process, coordinate with underwriting to determine appropriate rate, and make revisions as necessary. Complete other case processing including Broker of Record entry, revisions, commission changes, etc.
- Sold Cases and Enrollments: Following the close of a sale, coordinate installation process by partnering with appropriate parties, using appropriate systems and ensure accuracy of paperwork (including master application). Manage supplies and materials required for Enrollment, to include voluntary cases. Review booklets and materials received from Home Office for accuracy and assemble for delivery to policyholder (on occasion may need to hand deliver).
- Product and Industry Knowledge: Ensure compliance of State Insurance Department regulations. Remain abreast of industry trends and product knowledge.
- Office Support Activities: Perform or delegate office support activities including open, screen, and distribute mail, identifying and ensuring proper disposition of correspondence requiring immediate, greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate person, handling invoices, processing conversion requests, office expense reporting, scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel plans, and maintaining office files, supplies and equipment.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Licensed agent or actively pursuing appropriate licenses.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for underwriting and rating.
- Working knowledge of competitor products and services.
- Effective communication and human relations skills.
- Personal computer skills, including a working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Thorough understanding of the laws governing the insurance industry.
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license.
- 3+ years group office and industry experience.
- Management and growth experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now