Sr Administrative Assistant (IS Infrastructure & Operations) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495837
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Performs advanced administrative duties under general supervision and supports management and/or complex business function by providing independent technical administrative expertise or advanced administrative support to area/department/division management and/or staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides telephone support for the area/department management and/or staff, fields problem identification and answers questions; handles, redirects and/or assigns multiple calls from internal and external clients; coordinates speaking engagements, meetings and conference calls; provides backup support for other departments within the division.
- Maintains office supplies inventory for the area/department; coordinates and submits check requests.
- Operates personal computer and uses appropriate software to produce documents and various materials for the officer(s) and staff as well as performing systems testing/administrative support. Schedules and runs programs, which compute, post and update records. Provides transcription, typing, mail distribution services; maintains filing system and records; provides calendar management and schedules meetings; follows-up on pending items under limited supervision.
- Assists with advanced administration support of complex business functions/special programs/projects involving sensitive and confidential information by exercising discretion, applying rules and procedures and analyzing each situation independently.
- Analyzes incoming and/or outgoing information and processes to identify problem areas while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and/or work efficiencies are maintained; alerts division management to potential problem situations.
- Gathers, summarizes and analyzes information, statistical data and surveys in order to prepare special reports and summaries that are pertinent to the operation. Uses judgment and creativity to develop computer presentations and training materials; coordinates and/or compiles, enters, maintains and disseminates information into and/or out of databases.
- Composes, handles and distributes correspondence including those of a confidential and complex nature.
- Experience with policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment
- Advanced personal computer operation with skills in various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation
- Considerable composition and writing skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work independently and exercise judgement
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to learn and apply a background knowledge of the Companies as well as the policies, procedures and practices of the assigned organizational area
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
- Experience working with Office 365 products
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now