Bi-Lingual Underwriting Support Assistant/Sr. Underwriting Support Assistant (Client Interview Team) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495834
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Customer Service, Underwriting
This position will support the Underwriting department by conducting telephone interviews for clients who have applied for insurance, including a review of the applicant’s health history.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles incoming Interview calls with applicants, as well as placing outbound calls to complete client interviews using scripted tools available to them.
- Determines coverage required and other contract terms and researches all available information to determine appropriate interview format.
- Communicates with Advisors, Brokers, Underwriters and other operational areas to obtain information.
- Give concise, accurate documentation on client's health history, and determine follow-up questions needed for thorough assessment.
- Reviews underwriting information and verifies the accuracy for completeness; selects correct interview script and documents notes with proper follow up questions as necessary; is conscientious about attention to detail to ensure a high quality product to customers.
- Identify and document health issue flags for underwriters.
- Relationship liaison for internal and external customers; provides information and researches, analyzes and resolves problems to satisfy customer expectations; provides high quality customer service by remaining knowledgeable of current guidelines and practices.
- Meets or exceeds time service, quality and customer service expectations as defined by management; ensures timely responses to internal and external customers submitted via phone, email and workflow systems.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers; verbal and written communication is clear, concise and professional; uses appropriate grammar and spelling in written correspondence.
- Uses various databases to document reporting requirements and system generated reports. Accesses various other systems to provide information required by underwriting and maintains and retrieves underwriting files
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This position requires individuals to work an early evening shift one day per week, after training is complete. Required hours for this position are as follows:
- 2-week training hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- After Training/Standard Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 – 5:00
- Wednesday 11:30 am- 8:00 pm
*This job posting is reflective of the Underwriting Support Assistant essential functions and qualifications. The Underwriting Support Assistant and Sr. Underwriting Support Assistant level has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Ability to effectively and fluently speak, read, and write in Spanish and English.
- Ability to build a trusting, friendly relationship quickly.
- Demonstrated team player, problem solver and decision maker.
- Ability to maintain quality and productivity with all tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Confident, expressive, and compassionate communication skills, with the ability to relate to customers needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication; organization and human relation skills
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail with strict accuracy
- Ability to multitask effectively, work under pressure, meet deadline requirements and be flexible to meet changing customer needs.
- Demonstrates learning agility in key job functions, takes end to end ownership of assigned work load
- Proficient typing and key boarding skills
- Experience with word-processing and email
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with independence
- Analytical and investigative skills
- Working knowledge of insurance products
- Seasoned ability to tactfully refocus customers
- Customer service skills and experience in a production/call center environment
- Proficient with medical terminology, and the ability to pronounce medical terms correctly
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now