Java Technical Specialist- Omaha, NE or Chattanooga, TN
Job no: 495822
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Nebraska, Tennessee
Categories: Information Technology
The Technical Specialist is an Information Services (I/S) entry level position assigned to one of the following areas: Programming,
Systems Programming/Engineering, Database Administration, Network Administration or Telecommunications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Based on assignment and under the direction of senior analysts, provides programming and/or technical support for application/technical systems, hardware or software platforms.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, platforms and technologies to provide technical and/or business solutions to customers.
- Analyzes, develops, modifies, installs, tests and maintains software and hardware within assigned domain.
- Participates in and assists with the development of application and/or technical integration solutions.
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving application and/or infrastructure technical problems and coordinates resolution activities at a team level and/or within business areas.
- Conducts data collection, maintenance, and analysis activities to facilitate the development of alternative solutions based on assignment.
- Understands Team services, products, and value to I/S areas, business areas and to their own Team.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a technical role on an application’s support team performing, software installation, configuration management and data copy
- Knowledge of software implementation processes, change management and configuration management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work on call or on weekends as needed.
- At least 1 year technical knowledge of desktop software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and other support tools.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web. Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Subversion, Bitbucket, Jira
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of Group Sales Application (GSAP) a plus but not required
- CA Clarity software knowledge
- Prior troubleshooting and IT Operations responsibility.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
- Effective customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now