Risk Program Manager (Insider Risk) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495812
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Facilities/Security, Legal/Compliance, Project Management/Business Analyst
|Develops, manages and maintains a Risk Management Program for the Company. Consults, educates and provides guidance and support to the business areas on risk policies, standards, requirements, activities and accountabilities related to the program and Risk Management policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides guidance, consultation and support to the Company's business areas as it relates to risk management activities and accountabilities. Such activities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, process, risk and control documentation within the Company's GRC framework, facilitation of the risk assessment processes, internal and external audit support, and risk management guidance for Company initiatives.
- Provides direction and recommendations to business areas on risk management matters to ensure regulatory requirements are implemented into company policies, procedures and processes.
- Facilitates the administration and activities of the risk management program for the Company. Collaborates with all levels within the organization to map processes and identify corresponding risks and appropriate controls. Identifies inconsistencies, develops resolutions, and ensures timely implementation of processes, procedures and systems.
- Develops and administers company-wide risk management training to ensure proper resources are allocated and required regulatory requirements are achieved and align with the program. Coordinates ongoing evaluation and updating of standards based on federal/state requirements, regulatory environment, professional standards and business changes and adapts program accordingly.
- Remains abreast of general legislative and regulatory trends and federal/state legislation affecting insurance, securities and banking compliance as it relates to risk management.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in interpreting federal, state and industry laws, regulations, legal opinions/writings, and guidance related to insurance with the ability to identify, interpret and apply in regulatory related issues and activities.
- Strong strategic planning and leadership skills; ability to motivate and influence constituents at all levels across the organization to comply with regulatory standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to inquiries from internal and external business partners and regulators.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills; Ability to analyze, interpret and utilize significant data to make sound business decisions; ability to evaluate current compliance situations, monitor controls, identify a path to solution, and execute a plan to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus with success in meeting customer requirements in a fast paced, multi-faceted, highly regulated and diverse environment.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and actuarial systems.
- Ability to work independently with strong, strategic planning and organizational skills; self- motivated and directed, adaptable, team focused and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently, balancing competing project requests while meeting deadlines.
- Proven creativity, initiative, tact and sound business judgment ability.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to teach or foster development in others.
- Knowledge of or some experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience in regulatory compliance and/or risk management monitoring practices and methodologies.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide program development with specific experience in risk management.
- Experience communicating with regulators.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now