Java Application Developer/Systems Analyst- Omaha, NE
Job no: 495695
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The Application Developer or Application Systems Analyst participates in and assists with the development of application and business integration solutions. Uses a variety of programming language(s), platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for having a working knowledge of one or more programming languages used to develop, maintain, and execute systems.
- Responsible for understanding various approaches and assisting with designing of enhancements for business operations.
- Responsible for understanding and leading team members in developing automated testing and focusing on test driven development practices.
- Responsible for assisting with design, development, and debugging of application/systems.
- Responsible for having an understanding of the supported business area(s) and possessing an awareness of related business objectives and challenges.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Systems Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 2 years of experience as a full stack Java developer.
- At least 1 year of test automation development experience.
- At least 1 year of development experience in an Agile framework.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now