AOAO/HOA Assistant Banking Manager- Honolulu, HI
Job no: 495684
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Oversees, manages and leads community banking functions and staff. Supports the inside sales/service and HOA activities as well as business development to achieve desired results in customer relationship growth, retention, revenue, market share and customer/employee satisfaction. Supports the Regional Account Executive (RAE) by assisting with systems and sales support to existing HOA customers and prospects. Assists RAE with generating sales of HOA products and services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for management of branch staff; including supervising and scheduling of daily activities, ensuring the use of performance management process, hiring and promotional recommendations.
- Educates, coaches and motivates staff to recognize and fulfill branch sales and service expectations. Meets assigned personal, sales and service goals.
- Develops and maintains banking relationships with potential clients, existing customers and community organizations.
- Performs a broad variety of customer services and sales, such as opening new checking, saving and certificate accounts. Counsels customers and provides effective promotion, sale and servicing of the Bank's products and services. Researches and resolves customer issues and problems.
- May provide backup for teller functions by processing paying and receiving transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established Teller Policy and Procedures.
- Provides customer service, sales, and technical support to new and existing HOA customers. Troubleshoots lockbox and other systems issues. May also process HOA assessment payments. Works with New Accounts and Underwriting to provide required documentation to complete file. Maintains open communication with customers, management and the Operations team to ensure a smooth/cohesive process for our customers.
- Assists RAE with the sales of HOA services and deposit and loan products. Accompanies RAE on sales calls and independently follows up on sales leads. Assists RAE in generating loan leads from existing customers. Calls on customers at the direction of RAE. Actively participates in CAI chapters and develops prospects in the Association industry.
- Learns/understands the details of all retail and HOA products and related costs offered to our clients. Uses knowledge of each product to effectively offer customers the products they need to grow their business while maintaining profitability from the overall relationship for the bank.
- May oversee and provide guidance for completion of consumer loan applications and submission to Central Underwriting for approval.
- Oversees and approves expenditures in compliance with the approved branch operating budgets.
- Performs security routines, including opening and closing branch office and vault.
- Ensures branch building, grounds and equipment are well maintained.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies and procedures and keeps current with regulatory and industry trends and developments.
- Cultivates a positive team culture which promotes and supports relationship banking. Builds an environment with clear goals, constant communication, feedback and recognition are standard.
- Develop and maintain an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develop and maintain a fair and equitable working environment.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- Relevant branch sales and operations experience
- Retail banking experience and working knowledge of the Bank's Retail and HOA products and services, and related processes and regulations
- Working knowledge of teller operations
- Excellent communication and human relations skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, leadership, customer service, training and organizational skills
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Effective sales ability and persuasiveness
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Must successfully pass a credit check
- 0-2 year's relevant banking experience and/or retail management experience preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Hawaiian Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now