Treasury Management Portfolio Manager - Houston, TX
Job no: 495683
Work type: Full Time Regular
The TM Portfolio Manager (PM) supports Mutual of Omaha Bank's strong relationship banking culture, which emphasizes the leveraging of teamwork to deliver exceptional customer service to client companies, their owners and their employees. As a junior bank officer, the PM is assigned a portfolio of client relationships that he or she co-manages in tandem with and under the guidance of a Senior Treasury Services Sales Consultant and Market/Managing Director. The PM is responsible for the day-to-day duties and responsibilities associated with managing client's accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Proactively monitors and manages the needs of client companies.
- Works with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided to meet the needs of client companies in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Senior Sales Consultants to support the profitable growth of the clients' accounts.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of banking and treasury services products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
- Asset Quality Management:
- Monitors and tracks the financial conditions of ACH origination and other payment related solutions and prepares and presents status reports to senior management on a regular basis. This includes the regular reassessment of risk ratings, and the documentation of changes in credit risk ratings when appropriate.
- Collects and reviews financial statements and meets with clients to discuss trends, projections and any issues or opportunities that may arise. May present TM proposals to clients.
- Coordinates the gathering of new collateral appraisals, field audits, or other forms of third party post-transaction due diligence.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure compliance with banking policies and practices and regulatory statutes at the relationship level.
- Manage Portfolio Growth:
- Reviews and monitors the credit quality of new fee and deposit opportunities.
- Works with credit analysts to ensure proper underwriting and may perform underwriting functions as needed.
- Works with Loan Officers, Lending Assistants, and Credit Analysts to coordinate the due diligence process including the ordering of collateral appraisals, third party field audits and site visits.
- Treasury Management and Documentation:
- Responsible for the sound structuring of new business accounts, treasury solutions, and other agreements.
- Negotiates with clients, private equity companies, participant banks and other parties pertaining to relationships terms, pricing, and conditions.
- Assists in the reviewing of legal agreements and works with outside council and other internal business partners to ensure that legal documents are prepared correctly.
- Business Development:
- Under the guidance of and in tandem with Senior Treasury Sales Consultants and Market/Managing Director, the PM identifies and pursues opportunities to grow relationships including relationship fee and deposit growth opportunities, and opportunities with other bank groups including commercial, retail, private banking, and wealth management.
- Seeks and acts on referrals from client companies and will make referrals to other business groups like Private Banking, Wealth Management, and Commercial Relationship Managers.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics, or other related field
- Three years of progressive work experience in Banking or comparable experience in Banking
- Knowledge of compliance with federal regulations pertaining to Banking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills Excellent organizational, problem solving, analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth -oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- General knowledge of treasury management services and fee income analysis
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now