Actuary Student Program (Pre-ASA / ASA / Pre-FSA) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495657
Work type: Full Time Regular
At this time, we do not have any open roles in our Actuarial Student Program, but we'd still like to connect with you! If you feel you are qualified and interested in future opportunities, please click "Apply Now" and submit your contact information and resume. We will retain your information and reach out to you when an opportunity becomes available.
*Please note by submitting your information you are not applying to a specific position.
Mutual of Omaha’s Actuarial Student Program includes support towards study materials, exams, and paid study time. The individuals in these positions will help develop customer-centric product solutions and provide analytical actuarial support that will contribute to the achievement of corporate profitability and growth through effective planning and development of actuarial information and data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze product financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and make recommendations based on the analysis of the results.
- Generate and verify data related to various exhibits and reports, applying actuarial and mathematical concepts, formulas and computer capabilities as necessary for completion of duties.
- Provide updates concerning Company actuarial information for various internal & external clients.
- Conduct special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the product or product groupings.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Successful completion of 2 exams offered by the Society of Actuaries is required, plus an ongoing commitment to attain a fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel is required
- Successful completion of an Internship or related experience is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Actuarial Science, Economics, Statistics, and/or Mathematics
- Actuarial Software experience (ie: MG-ALFA, ARCVAL, etc)
- Programming experience (ie: VBA, SQL, SAS, R, C++, Java, etc)
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling techniques
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and requirements
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns
- Proven track record of taking accountability and ownership over work projects
- Leadership, communication, presentation, and human relations skills
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now