Renewal Specialist - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495598
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Customer Service
|Partners with Renewal Executive and sales staff in achieving renewal targets and goals by providing operational support for all renewal activity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Renewal Support: Provides renewal support to Renewal Executive and sales staff members as assigned. Proactively manages renewal activity and broker processes and develops relationships with broker partners to help achieve renewal targets through positioning of supplemental material to support renewal actions. Serves as a liaison for the Renewal Executive, sales staff, brokers and home office business partners.
- Renewals: Creates renewal letters and packages, running trial alternates for the purposes of plan design changes working with the Renewal Executive and as directed by the Renewal Executive and/or broker. Assists with spreadsheeting competitive rates through review of current proposal options from competition. Works with the Renewal Executive and/or rep on rate increases, positioning of cases through paid basis, claims and additional documentation. Supports the Renewal Executive through additional system administration functions as needed.
- Revisions: Completes revisions as needed for renewals within standard timeframe.
- Add on Quotes: Runs quotes for add on lines of coverage for positioning at renewal. Works collaboratively with the Renewal Executive and/or rep to execute.
- Product and Industry Knowledge: Ensures compliance of State Insurance Department regulations. Remains abreast of industry trends and product knowledge.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Demonstrated success and ability to build relationships and collaborate with sales personnel, external and internal partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with little day to day supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong collaboration and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Poses leadership qualities and is able to think and prioritize strategically.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the work period and a valid driver's license.
- 2+ years of extensive knowledge of Group Insurance products, design, administration, and marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of company products, systems, and processes supporting Group Insurance.
- Knowledge of competitors' products and positioning.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now