Assoc IS Security Analyst/IS Security Analyst- Omaha, NE
Job no: 495579
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The I/S Security Control Team is looking for a seasoned and talented individual with technical expertise and strong communication skills to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. The candidate will get the opportunity to work with multiple business areas across numerous technical environments. Candidate will provide security analysis and system administration to protect the integrity, availability and confidentiality of electronic information owned, controlled or managed by the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, define, develop, implement and ensure the ethical administration of all security policies, processes and procedures.
- Process requests for login IDs, passwords, data accesses and e-mail /internet requests. Develop, review and approve security administration guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Report violations (internal and external sources) to the Security CIRT (Computer Incident Response Team) and participate in CIRT activities such as investigating internal and external security incidents, excess individual access authorities, and distributed security responsibilities.
- Produce reporting for primary security tools such as authentication directories, firewalls, anti-virus and intrusion detection software.
- Participate in analyst duties related to security architecture and infrastructure to include supporting the design, analysis, programming and testing of security products and services; collecting and analyzing relevant data related to security trends and technologies; and supporting development of technical and non-technical security designs to satisfy business requirements.
- Participate with team members in upgrades to hardware and software across all platforms, completing assigned tasks for operating system and security software upgrades.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Participate in project design processes, consulting on security related architecture and alternatives.
- Develop and maintain security standards and processes.
- Develop reporting and processes for application access management. Support the development of technical and non-technical security designs to satisfy business requirements.
- Gather security related information from multiple sources across varying technology environments and report to management.
- Provision user access in a multi-faceted environment.
- Build, disseminate, and verify user access certifications.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Associate IS Security Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The IS Security Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Working knowledge of company security policies, strategies and architecture.
- Experience or applicable training in programming, analysis, computer protocols.
- Working knowledge of Company used software and hardware for current security program such as network security and access control technologies.
- Working knowledge of the CIRT process.
- Experience or training in process modeling and project methodology.
- Understanding of government regulations concerning security, privacy, audit reporting, etc.
- Education (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration.
- Research, compile and evaluate information used in the development, enhancement, or maintenance of a system/support process to satisfy business needs.
- Articulate and advocate Information Systems security, privacy and technical ideas within the Company.
- Use inclusion, awareness and leadership skills rather than authority to accomplish results.
- Passion for learning about new technologies and emerging security threats.
- Identify, summarize, review, and report potential/actual actions that jeopardize the company's data privacy and/or security on technology environments.
- Working knowledge of multiple software platforms – Windows, UNIX, Mainframe.
- Working knowledge of application access controls.
- Previous experience with Identity Access Management and its methodologies.
Strong communication skills demonstrating ability to:
- Simplify complex security information for varying levels of technical and business audiences.
- Simplify complex security information to multiple levels of management.
- CISSP or equivalent certification is preferred or willing to pursue.
- Previous experience on Mainframe platform preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with SailPoint (Identity Management Tool) is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now