Account Executive Sales Rep (Business Development Rep) - Irvine, CA
Job no: 495564
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Contributes to increasing the overall sales productivity in the Group Office by assisting with new business sales and development. This position will focus specifically on new sales activities for prospects of a predetermined number of brokers, as well as implementation of the product marketing strategy. Jointly calls on brokers with other sales personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies, prioritizes, and manages sales opportunities with current and prospective clients to create measurable business results.
- Attains annually established sales quotas.
- Generates proposals, participates in negotiations and closes sales.
- Focuses on sales and cross-selling of new business products.
- Provides service to brokers and current clients for the purposes of retaining business and developing broker relationships.
- Facilitates employee enrollment meetings for the purposes of sales execution.
- Initiates and develops influential relationships within the insurance industry and designated territory.
- Develops and provides feedback for of internal sales training as needed.
- Initiates and cultivates networking contacts within the community that will increase market and product awareness.
- Creates strategic business plans to support market share and office objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry and regulatory changes. Maintains an awareness of existing and developing market trends.
- This position requires up to 66% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Candidate must possess or attain licensed agent/producer status within 90 days of entry into the job
- Ability to meet ongoing continuing education requirements
- Successful sales experience, evidenced by previous attainment of sales quotas
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of group insurance products, marketing techniques, and procedures for underwriting, rating, policy and contract issuance, and claims
- Working knowledge of competitor products and services
- Access to reliable transportation in order to attend meetings on short notice and travel within assigned territory.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the work period and a valid driver's license
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now