Sr Loan Assistant - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 495558
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Customer Service
|Leads and directs the preparation, review and processing of loans which are complex in nature. Receives, leads high producing Lender(s) in the preparation, review and processing of commercial loans which are complex in nature. Receives, researches, and handles customer inquiries and ensures appropriate and timely resolution. May direct the work of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates with loan officers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process.
- Assists with collection of application items, may include ordering credit, entering application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- Directs customers, loan officers, and lending services through loan process, often working with complex loan relationships.
- Communicates with attorney on document preparation and title work.
- Gathers applicable due diligence required on complex internally prepared loans and attorney prepared loans which may include ordering title work, flood certificates, appraisal and environmental reports, UCC searches, good standings, etc.
- Orders internally prepared loan documents and submits attorney prepared loan documents for review through Lending Services.
- Assists in reviewing final loan documents for accuracy and assists the loan officer with loan closings.
- Assists in reviewing loan and initial tickler set ups.
- Images credit files into Bank's central repository system.
- Monitors loans and ensures that tickler information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with loan officers to discuss past due ticklers. Contacts clients to request tickler items.
- Pulls daily, weekly, monthly reports and communication with loan officer, reports may include overdrafts, matured/maturing loans, annual reviews.
- Leads a variety of customer services activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Responsible for the servicing of loans, i.e. payments, insurance, etc. Requests payoff quotes from lending services and forwards to loan officers and/or client.
- Assists with checking and decisioning overdrafts for loan officers.
- Assists with special projects and participate in enterprise lending activities.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- Assists in training of new lending assistant staff and mentoring of existing lending assistant staff. Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for lending assistant team.
- Assists with additional duties as assigned.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices
- Thorough knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Thorough knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Thorough knowledge of lending products and services
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Works independently and with little supervision
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Sound judgment and autonomous decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Customer
- 5-10 years commercial loan processing and/or loan documentation experience preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now