Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495557
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science
The Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist supports data science research. Accesses data in multiple formats, uses advanced statistical and machine learning methods, programming skills and knowledge of data technical infrastructure to solve business problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with business partners to understand business objectives/goals and then develop a clear and well defined analytic plan that support obtaining those objectives.
- Translates business requirements and executes analytic life cycles.
- Perform more advanced data extraction and data manipulation using data of various size and structure.
- Explore data to understand and articulate the data profile and its limitations.
- Performs predictive modeling and association modeling such as segmentation analysis, data modeling, risk modeling, behavioral analysis, cross-selling analysis, and customer churn analysis.
- Develop trusted, actionable outcomes by applying appropriate analytical techniques and metrics.
- Support (and at times lead) the deployment & maintenance of the analytic model.
- Communicate clear outcomes at varying levels of detail to our business partners.
- Identify obstacles limiting data science capabilities of the Companies, along with opportunities to improve those capabilities.
This job posting is reflective of the Data Scientist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Data Scientist level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Undergraduate degree in analytically driven fields such as mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, data science, computer science, operations research or actuarial science
- Proficient in one of more computer programming languages, of which at least one must be R, Python or other general purpose coding language or equivalent job experience
- Statistical analysis and machine learning background
- Good understanding of data visualization
- Good knowledge of structured data platforms
- Good verbal and written communication and human relations skills
- Strong problem solving skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently at times
- Graduate degree in analytically driven fields such as mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, data science, computer science, operations research or actuarial science
- Product and industry knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Strong knowledge of unstructured database tools such as Hive, Pig or Spark
- Associate or Fellow in Society of Actuaries
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now