Service Specialist (Workplace Solutions) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495521
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Customer Service
|Contributes to the retention of group premium income through servicing client needs. Performs a variety of complex and sensitive policyowner service functions, while ensuring efficient, effective, and high-quality customer service for the policyholders, brokers, and group office personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determines the intent of Policyholders & Brokers, and Group Office inquiries regarding implementation, enrollment, and billing and accurately respond by investigating, analyzing and resolving all questions and concerns to meet customer expectations.
- Reviews and analyzes all data submitted and, when necessary, initiates calls to Policyholders and Brokers to obtain missing information or clarify questions to ensure proper handling on the front end.
- Trains and or provides explanations to Policyholders and Brokers on billings, enrollments procedures and other business processing when needed to ensure efficient and effective service.
- Provides excellent service recovery, to include turning complaint/error situations into an advantage and using every contact as an opportunity to provide a positive customer experience.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
*This job posting is reflective of the Client Representative essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The SR Client Representative level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
*Training will be a minimum of 6 weeks from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Strong customer service skills to include, excellent relationship management & listening skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Sound judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Planning & organizational skills with demonstrated success in establishing priorities, managing multiple assignments concurrently and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment & make timely decisions.
- Creative, adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent team skills.
- Knowledge of group insurance products.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality and thorough customer service.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Group insurance experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree.
- Strong background in contract language.
- Seasoned knowledge of group insurance concepts and all group product lines.
- Operation and its interrelationships, including insurance account management, systems, technology and related federal and state regulations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now