Java Application Developer/Systems Analyst/Architect- Omaha, NE
Job no: 495512
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The Application Developer participates in and assists with the development of application and business integration solutions. Uses a variety of programming language(s), platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
Assists with the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations.
Responsible for having a working knowledge of one or more programming languages used to develop, maintain, and execute systems.
Responsible for understanding various approaches and assisting with designing of enhancements for business operations.
Responsible for assisting with development, testing, and debugging of application/systems.
Responsible for having an understanding of the supported business area(s) and possessing an awareness of related business objectives and challenges.
Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Systems Analyst and Application Solution Architect levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
0 - 2 years system experience.
Strong communication and problem solving skills.
Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web. Portal, Cloud, etc.).
Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience developing web apps with React and/or Vue
- Experience developing/enhancing RESTful web services
- Experience developing with DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience using persistence frameworks like JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Intellij IDEA and Git
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Webpack and Gradle
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- 1 years’ experience developing in modern UI frameworks (Vue/React)
- Desire to take on & learn new technologies & applications
- Self-starter – take ownership of applications & related technologies
- Experience developing systems with Agile methodology
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now