Internal Wholesaler - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495474
Work type: Full Time Regular
This extraordinary career development opportunity provides extensive training and coaching and the right candidate could experience a potential progression that would include:
-2-5 years as an Internal Wholesaler
-then 2-5 years as an Associate Regional Sales Director in an assigned territory
-ultimately leading to an opportunity for a Regional Sales Director opportunity in a specific geography based on availability.
Mutual of Omaha has a unique opportunity for an Inside Wholesaler on the 401(k) Sales Team either in a work from home environment or in our Omaha, NE location. As part of a team dedicated to driving 401(k) plan sales through financial intermediaries in a designated territory, this role will have primary responsibility of cultivating and developing relationships with Financial Advisors relating to the sales of 401(k) plans.
An important aspect of this role is proactively prospecting for the right advisors to generate additional qualified advisor appointments for assigned Regional Sales Directors (must not be afraid of the phone) and qualifying advisors with the objective of generating plan sales opportunities.
The Internal Wholesaler also acts as an important partner to assigned Regional Sales Directors and serves as a resource to our Financial Advisor partners for:
-Plan design assistance
-Sales positioning guidance
$50k base salary
Variable compensation based on sales and activity results
Reasonable total 1st year compensation expectation of $50k - $70k depending on sales results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and maintain information related to industry trends and competitor products through consultants, industry contacts, surveys, studies, and attendance at industry seminars. Provide other services within the division to contribute to the overall operation of the division, such as participating in product, workflow, or quality committees; serving on operation or corporate level committees; conducting special projects; or assuming responsibility for a specific function.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Mutual of Omaha's and United of Omaha's products, policies and services.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Experience and/or strong ability in sales of financial products and services, and familiarity with various distribution channels
- Strong organization skills, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a highly regulated industry and adhere to compliance policies and procedures
- Two years of experience in sales or servicing within the financial industry
- Ability to obtain Series 6 license within 90 days of employment
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now