Actuary (ASA/FSA) - AXIS Implementation - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495454
Work type: Full Time Regular
Mutual of Omaha is on a multi-year journey to modernize our actuarial function. This journey includes our actuarial systems, models, data, reporting, and processes. The next step in this initiative involves building new data feeds and new actuarial models in GGY Axis to serve various actuarial functions (including valuation, financial plan, cash flow testing, economic capital, and asset liability management), and we are seeking a talented and energized individual to join in on these efforts.
We are looking for an individual who is well versed in the GGY Axis software and has a passion for building actuarial models in an efficient, scalable, transparent, controlled, and accurate manner. While the project includes building Axis models across all of our products, the preferential Axis experience for this position will be within the Health Module to support our Long Term Care, Disability Income, Supplemental Health, and Medicare Supplement workstreams. The prime candidate for this role is one who has a strong track records of success in building models, values transparency and communication, and enjoys working at a fast pace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fully dedicated project resource focused on actuarial modernization initiatives.
- For each model responsible for, heavily involved in all phases of the build process:
- Requirements gathering – For both data and model requirements, and with the support of subject matter experts, gather information necessary to build the model and extract.
- Model Design – Participate in designing the ideal model structure for the given models, while adhering to holistic model design principals – focusing on scalable, transparent, controlled, and automated solutions.
- Model Development – Translate model requirements into technical specifications and then perform the model build activities – focusing on attaining consistency across products, with a ‘first principles’ model build mindset rather than a conversion mindset.
- Model Testing – Participate in various testing related activities across all impacted actuarial functions, including unit testing, regression testing, aggregate reconciliations, in accordance with agreed upon testing strategy for thresholds, variance bucketing, attribution, etc.
- Documentation – develop documentation for new models and affected processes to a degree such that parties unfamiliar with our processes or models can understand how processes flow or how models operate.
- Collaborate with project leadership, management team, subject matter experts, and product owners throughout project to ensure solutions are meeting stakeholder needs.
- Complete tasks as assigned in the project plan, and track progress against milestones. Complete work by milestone dates, or communicate early and often if slippage is beginning to occur.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives as they relate to actuarial modernization.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Managing Actuary essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Actuarial Associate level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Attainment of ASA or FSA designation.
- 3+ Years’ experience with GGY AXIS.
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science.
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices.
- Thorough financial background.
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Product and industry knowledge.
- Experience in the development of financial reports.
- 3+ Years’ experience with GGY AXIS relevant to LTC, DI, Medicare Supplement, or Supplemental Health modeling.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications used for analysis.
- Ability to teach or foster development in others.
- Ability to make others comply in fair, equitable non punishing fashion.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now