Senior Private Banker - Arizona Region - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 495451
Work type: Full Time Regular
At Mutual of Omaha Bank, we want to satisfy our clients’ individual financial needs and help them grow financially. We’re looking for talented team members to help manage our clients' financial circumstances with a focus on maintaining a strong relationship between the client and the bank. Join our team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience in a boutique setting.
Help us build a better Mutual of Omaha Bank that is solid, strong and part of Mutual of Omaha, one of the most trusted names in the financial services for more than a century.
Mutual of Omaha’s Private Wealth Group is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients, business owners, entrepreneurs, executives and professionals. We are committed to helping our clients’ build and maintain wealth by understanding their individual and business needs. Our client-centric “needs-based approach” focuses on providing customized financial solutions that work toward achieving the clients’ goals and objectives. Whether the focus is private banking, trust and estate services, professional investment management or brokerage and insurance services, a wide array of products and services are available.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the Arizona team in identifying, developing and managing profitable banking relationships that are highly complex in nature, with high-income/high net worth customers and prospects, including business owners, entrepreneurs, executives and professionals. Implements a strong trust/wealth business development program and financial strategy/structure to ensure growth and alignment with the Bank's marketing strategy. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- Provides in-depth analysis on individual or company's financial circumstances and makes recommendations on banking products and wealth management services. Oversees and manages the highly complex private portfolio to ensure growth, proper risk management and compliance with appropriate regulations, laws and bank policies. Consults with customers regarding financial needs, recommends products and services including credit structures, prepares loan packages for credit review and underwriting, opens and services accounts within authorized limits and ensures records/files are maintained within policy/guidelines. Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- Analyzes financial, tax and credit needs of the customer and presents creative solutions. Identifies opportunities to actively cross-sell all products and services as appropriate. Strengthens and effectively manages existing private banking account relationships through assessment of the customers financial, tax, credit and depository needs, providing financial advice or creative solutions and ensuring appropriate banking products and services are provided for profitable growth of the account.
- Leads and executes the private banking strategy in the Arizona Region to grow revenue through client acquisition, deepening and broadening existing client relationships and attract and develop top talent. Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce and maintains a fair and equitable working environment. Provides guidance, training, coaching and mentorship to other in the Private Banking team.
- The successful candidate must be a proven strategic partner who builds strong relationships with all key partners, lines of business within Mutual of Omaha Bank and with external COIs. Acting as the catalyst in creating a results-oriented, performance-driven culture that leverages the strengths of our Wealth Management professionals in combination with an urgent and highly-disciplined effort in growing the Arizona market share.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in financial services, commercial and/or private banking loans, deposits, lending techniques and practices.
- Strong knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial/private banking.
- Extensive knowledge of banking products and services, investments, estate planning and insurance and treasury management services.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills.
- Strong business development, relationship management and lead generation skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective and existing trust/wealth customers, banking officials and community leaders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Must successfully pass a credit check.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
- 10+ years Private Banking / Commercial Banking experience.
- Formal credit training preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now