Finance Analyst/Senior Finance Analyst/Lead Finance Analyst - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495440
Work type: Full Time Regular
Seeking a talented individual to join the Capital Management and Reinsurance team within our Finance Operation. This individual will work on a variety of assignments and projects in a fast paced, interesting work environment. Responsibilities include performing financial analysis, planning, forecasting, accounting, and transactional processing activities. The individual also has the opportunity to interact with a variety of associates from the Finance Operation and the Product areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Record and analyze financial reinsurance data, prepare related financial reports and provide insights to business partners.
- Participate in and lead a variety of projects involving interaction with associates from the Finance Operation and the Product areas.
- Participate in initiatives to improve business processes.
- Build and enhance relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Assist with audit control testing and regulatory requirements as needed.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Financial Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Financial Analyst and Lead Financial Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting
- Proficient Excel and Access experience
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience.
- Exhibits technical skills and demonstrated continual learning
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Basic problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to utilize creative thinking in improvement of business processes
- Knowledge of accounting systems used in an insurance industry environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of insurance business processes
- Technical expertise relevant to reinsurance contracts and processes.
- Life reinsurance administrative experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now