Actuarial Analyst I/II/Lead - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495436
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Analytics/Data Science
The Actuarial Analyst will contribute to the measurement and achievement of Corporate profit, growth, information and planning objectives through the effective generation, verification, direction, development and reporting of product performance/financial information/actuarial research data and related information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under limited supervision may compile and analyze product/other financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and make recommendations to management based on the analysis of the results.
- Under limited supervision may identify, develop, analyze and revise systems as needed using the appropriate business system methodology. Work with customers to identify needs and establish input and output requirements for the business processes. Write and maintain program code, testing code to ensure accuracy and that the application meets customer requirements.
- Conduct special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the products or other financial areas as requested.
- May create preliminary and detailed financial projections for product development and product management efforts.
- May calculate rate scales and detailed rates for new products, product modifications, product specifications, and re-rating efforts.
- May assess financial impact of compliance changes and other environmental factors impacting a product or product grouping.
- May review product specifications and estimate cost and schedule. Assist in cost/benefit analysis of changes during product detail design or implementation.
- Assist in the development of the annual business plan and the quarterly business review.
- Prepare reports and memoranda, as needed, on project results and other research data for distribution to departments. Develop and prepare standard and ad hoc reports for product or product grouping. Identify preliminary reporting requirements for business cases and detailed design.
- May track product expenses against initial projections/allowables, including budget projections, expense allowables, and other key assumptions.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Analyst I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Actuarial Analyst II and Lead Actuarial Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong background in math, statistics, economics or accounting/finance
- Strong knowledge in business system operations, development techniques, workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulas and/or accounting practices
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills
- Product and industry knowledge
- Experience preparing financial management reports
- Knowledge of end-user computing applications used for analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving talent
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience.
- SQL and Access experience is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now