Credit Analyst - Houston, TX
Job no: 495431
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Performs credit analysis function for ongoing commercial loan portfolio management process and identifies risks related to each credit relationship. Analyses include business/personal/global cash flow analysis, income/expense analysis, balance sheet analysis, collateral analysis and market/industry analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares annual reviews for commercial loan relationships and assists the Relationship Managers in monitoring ongoing financial covenant and/or borrowing base compliance and communicates any compliance violations to respective Relationship Manager and Market Credit Officer.
- Inputs financial and tax data on loan origination software/spreadsheets.
- Performs credit analysis function for new commercial loan requests and commercial loan renewals/modifications/annual reviews (including borrower(s) financial statement/tax return analysis, guarantor(s) financial statement/tax return analysis, collateral valuation analysis, market/industry analysis). Primarily on smaller commercial loans.
- Identifies risks related to borrower operations, industry/sector, collateral, etc. and communicates with respective Relationship Manager and Market Credit Officer.
- Ensures that corporate credit policies and procedures are maintained in compliance with all established and published commercial banking policies/guidelines and regulatory statutes.
- Provides customer service to current and prospective borrowers, researches borrower needs, answers questions, conducts routine research and solves routine problems. May attend client meetings as requested.
- Complies with bank procedures and follows operational and security guidelines.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assists in maintaining loan files and creates specialized ad-hoc reports as requested.
- May facilitate reporting and requests on behalf of the Bank with third parties, e.g. appraisers, etc. Orders reports such as business or personal credit reports, background investigations, etc.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Strong organization and time-management skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit information.
- Sound judgment, decision-making ability, and the ability to work in pressure situations.
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, email and presentation, and banking systems.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in commercial credit analysis or finance/accounting
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Customer
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of banking, including an understanding of commercial lending and credit and appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and procedures.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now