System and Financial Controls Implementation Specialist - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495430
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Analytics/Data Science, Finance/Accounting
Are you looking for a role in which you can add immediate value to the organization? Do you have audit, accounting, information systems or internal controls experience? Are you ready for a challenging role in which you will have autonomy to carry-out high-stakes projects with significant visibility?
Mutual of Omaha is on a multi-year journey to modernize our actuarial function. This journey includes our actuarial systems, models, data, reporting, and processes. We are looking for an individual with excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills to join the Finance and Actuarial team ans support this key initiative. This individual will also lead and manage projects with cross-functional visibility and participate in the system implementation process to design and implement the process, risk and control framework. This unique role provides a blended opportunity to utilize or build your financial, audit and information systems skills through process design, data testing, risk identification and control development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes business processes to identify trends, risks, controls, and/or indicators.
- Identify and develop control framework related to new system implementation.
- Participates in or leads projects, as assigned.
- Participates in and documents key processes, decisions and insights to business partners.
- Seeks to improve understanding of business products and strategy.
- Contributes ideas to improve business processes and knowledge in the workplace.
- Operates collaboratively while building relationships with business partners.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Finance Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Associate Finance Analyst and Senior Finance Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting and/or auditing practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry environment.
- Ability to understand processes and growing ability to assess risk associated within those processes.
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines.
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting.
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience.
- Exhibits Technical skills and demonstrated continual learning.
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Basic problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to utilize creative thinking in improvement of business processes.
- Ability to diagram process flows and growing ability to bring insights around risk mitigation and controls.
- Growing ability to judge the fit between controls process and accounting policy and to influence others in the continuous improvement of controls.
- Knowledge of accounting systems used in an insurance industry environment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of system conversion process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the Accounting field.
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now