Media Analyst / Sr. Media Analyst (1:1 Media Buying) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495374
Work type: Full Time Regular
The Media Analyst is accountable for the marketing profit & loss of one or more marketing programs within the Direct-to-Consumer units major marketing lines and/or media channels. With an emphasis on target audience, data and a focus on long and short term marketing profit, Media Analysts work with their team, external vendors and other areas of the division to analyze, plan and execute the media strategy across channels needed to reach DTC's overall goals for growth in market share and profit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulates media strategies and plans, aligning marketing media programs to DTC's larger strategic objectives.
- Performs media profit evaluations and directs necessary campaign changes/optimization as appropriate.
- Communicates to required constituencies (in and out of DTC) so that key partners are aware and well informed of the strategic media direction.
- Assists in the preparation of annual marketing strategy and business plans for the DTC unit.
- Key contributor in the preparation of annual budgets and ongoing media spend updates.
- Maintains awareness of the competitive media environment within the insurance industry which may impact the program and/or business model and strategic objectives of DTC overall.
- Acts as a resource; provides knowledge and may assist in the training and guidance of others on the team and to partner areas
- Audience Selection and Media Planning & Buying:
- Participates in the production of test designs that will validate new programs, new creatives, or changes in program direction.
- Uses segmentation knowledge and enhancement techniques to improve performance in existing media sources and identifies new media sources for testing.
- Responsible for media expenditure and the negotiation of media rates with external vendors.
- Uses information, tools and technology to gain meaningful insight into audience demographics, customer purchase motivation and buying patterns to grow and develop the product line to produce a positive customer experience
- Analyzes the performance of the media programs, reporting the performance, including variance analysis and proposed course corrections to the DTC Leadership team.
- Recommends the development of models, including response, predictive, conversion and zip, to help increase sales, market share and profitability with internal and external vendors.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Media Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Media Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Minimum 2-3 years of media planning and analysis
- Strong direct marketing experience
- Experience developing and presenting media strategies
- Prior experience using campaign reporting or campaign management tools
- Solid financial and analytical discipline
- Experience managing multiple campaigns and production timelines
- Results driven, self-motivated team player
- Good strategic thinker, problem solver and can make sound business decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- Good verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now